Monday, December 4, 2023

Winter at Borkum

 Winter at Borkum - December 2023

Golden Place
Set of 21 Photos! TNC NON Member - TNC Blogger Series!

I'm writing to you from Borkum, a small romantic North Sea island where I'm spending the winter holidays. It's an ideal place to forget your worries and problems, and I want to share some of the amazing things I've seen and done here. 

First of all, the winter landscape is breathtaking. The island is covered in crisp snow that sparkles in the sun, and the sea is a deep blue that contrasts with the white shore. There are horses that roam freely on the island, and sometimes you can see them galloping through the snow or grazing near the lighthouse. The lighthouse is a beautiful sight, especially when it's misty and the light beams cut through the fog. There are also many cuddle spots by warm fires where you can relax and enjoy a hot drink. The island has cosy cabins that are perfect for spending Christmas in, and they are decorated with lights and wreaths. Some of them even have cats that fight over their gifts under the tree, which is hilarious to watch. I love to sip some tea or coffee and snuggle with a furry friend while listening to the crackling fire.

One of the most amazing things about Borkum is that you can see seals on the snow-covered beaches. They are safe from the Orcas that hunt them in the open sea, and they look so cute and peaceful. Sometimes they even come close to the shore and you can hear them barking or see them playing with each other. It's a rare and wonderful sight that makes me feel closer to nature.

Another thing that I love about Borkum is the many winter land deer that run through the woods. They are shy but curious, and sometimes they peek out from behind the trees or cross the paths. They have beautiful antlers and fur, and they look like they belong in a fairy tale. I feel lucky to see them in their natural habitat, and I try not to disturb them too much. Borkum is a magical place that has filled me with joy and peace. I'm also having a great time. I'll write to you again soon, and I hope you have a wonderful winter too.

"Borkum is a small romantic North Sea island and an ideal place to forget your worries and problems. Enjoy the wonderful winter landscape, the silence of the cold, and find your inner peace!" ~~




No comments:

Post a Comment

Alone - Canary Islands

  Alone - May 2024 Canary Islands Art Installation Set of 18 Photos! "Based on the poem by Edgar Allan Poe, Alone is a new experience b...